Here is a little Fathers Day craft
DIY project made with Martha Stewarts free Retro Fathers Day word art template
. Use them to embellish a fun container and fill it with all kinds of goodies
. cookies, a shirt maybe even a tee, or any kind of special something for the Father in your life.
Ive also added a little gift card holder
If you dont want to use the gift card/ tag
. just use it as a greeting tag.
How to Embellish the Can:
1. Get a new empty paint can holder (This is the larger size and sells for $4. ?? at Home Depot you can use the smaller size can for a smaller gift
such as a tie, etc.)
2. While youre at the Depot pick up a couple of Marthas Paint swatches
. Sealing Wax is a pretty color and works well with the template.
3. Next print off the template
I put mine at 150%
4. Next cut the images apart.
5. Attach the Worlds greatest Dad label to the can with double sided tape.
How to make the Gift card holder or Greeting Tag:
1. Cut #1 Dad to the width of the paint swatch and trim it at the top and bottom.
2. Sandwich together with 2 way tape, 2 of the paint swatches, so the paint shows on front and back.
3. attach the dad piece to the paint swatch on 3 sides leaving about 1? of the paint showing at the top. If you are using it as a gift card holder leave a pocket opening at the top so you can slide the gift-card in
if you just want to use it for a tag
attach the images on all 4 sides with double sided tape.
4. Write your greeting right on the #1 Dad image. Punch a hole in the corner and thread with twine or ribbon.
5. Fill with goodies and/or a gift card!
You can check out the entire tutorial with step-by-step pictures over on Rene's blog
, Bargain Hoot.
About the Executive Homemaker:
Hi, I'm Rene' from Bargain Hoot
a wonderfully blessed wife, mother and the host behind each post. If you love bargains, DIY decor, recipes, crafting, and doing cute weddings/events for less check out Bargain Hoot.. You just might find something that inspires you and saves you money!!!